Monday, April 30, 2012

Disguised





Hello viewers, the other day I was assisting the mortal Odysseus.  Nothing huge simply doing all his work and saving his life... As usual.  Anyways, obviously he doesn't know I’m Athena because of my unmatched prowess in creating disguises.  He doesn't even suspect that I'm Athena, the greatest goddess in the world.  I decided to update you guys on this matter. I was just contemplating whether I should show him my true self or remain hidden.  I would ask you guys for your opinion, but mere mortals can barely handle their own lives.  I hope staying in disguise won't create any hard feelings between us. After thinking about it for a long time, I realized that I should reveal myself to Odysseus.  I did this because I would still be helping him and would get to be my true self. If he finds out that it was me doing all of these good deeds for him, maybe he might appreciate me more. The real reason I stayed in disguise until now is that I don't want to make him think that he can't do anything on his own (even though I do almost everything for him).  However I realized that this is a bad reason to sneak around behind him.  After all it’s not like he hasn't done his fair share of trickery.  He tricked the great Polyphemus multiple times to escape his grasp.  He also tirelessly tricked and took the gifts of the kings that hosted him.  For example he convinced king Alcinous to send him home with more gold and silver as it would help him be "better accepted".  I realized with all his trickery, he has no right to criticize my choice of disguising myself.  This eventually led me to my conclusion I told you of earlier.  I revealed myself.  Not into my true goddess form (he may not be able to handle my raw beauty), but rather I transformed into an eagle.  I just hope no mortals saw, they don't deserve to see such a beautiful sight.  They would be sacrificing to me for days on end after that.  I don’t think that he was mad, he seemed a little bit awestruck at first, however he later went on to sacrifice me some food.  I don't think it was a bad idea of me to do this, as he didn't take it badly or anything like that.  Recently though, it has been difficult to come to him in a physical form, I fear he might not be as open to help now that he knows its me.  I have been sticking to the shadows even more now it seems.  I now have to come to him in the form of mist or courage.  I mean it’s pretty impressive that I can pull those off, however I am perfect so maybe not.  One problem though, now I think I'm even more disguised than before.  If any of you mortals want to ask me a question, comment on my blog, and I may consider listening to you.  Gods or Godesses, I’m open to any suggestions or comments. 

The best
-Athena

No comments:

Post a Comment