Tuesday, May 1, 2012


Recently, I had heard a series of different songs made by mere mortals. One of them intrigued me. It was even written by some kids, but no matter, for the song spoke of all the great things that I’ve done in my life. The song followed Odysseus through his adventures and how I saved his life several times. That song really tickled my fancy for it shows the world how I am the greatest. No one can compare to my skill, beauty, and power.
One of these songs, however, I really hated. It was about some silly person named “Brodysseus” or something. What a silly name. Again, like the earlier song, it followed “Brodysseus” through his journey. But they didn’t mention ME EVEN ONCE! Those mere mortals think they can write a song without any respect for me?! For everyone obviously knows that I am the most powerful and cunning. That man wouldn’t have lived a second after being attacked by Poseidon if it weren’t for my brilliant strategies. But, this song had some very “hip” beats and the person who sang it sounded very elegant. Maybe I’ll let them live for a few more years.
Another one of these mortal songs was very … heartwarming. No beat or any electronic nonsense added into the song, just two people singing with a guitar. The tone and rhythm were incredibly well-sang and the lyrics well-crafted. The best part was, they mentioned me a couple of times as a beautiful goddess (well, it was implied). The song was about Penelope and Odysseus and their love relationship. It brought tears to my eyes (figuratively, as I don’t feel any silly human emotions), for I could feel how Penelope felt. This song was amazing – perhaps I could send Apollo down to give them some lessons; I think they could really improve and possibly sing for me sometime.
This next song – wow, just wow. I’ve never been a fan of those silly dubstep remix types of music, for those have all been created by humans. But let me just say, this song’s bass drop was EPIC – I mean, was very well thought out. Raps have never really tickled my fancy before, but this one was different. “Hip” lyrics, fresh beats, and a rap about me all combined just makes such an amazing song. I’d definitely listen to that one again.
Now this last one was very different from the others. Other than complimenting my greatness, it did not feel like the other songs. This one was new. The song’s words were crafted perfectly to the beat whilst telling the story of Odysseus very carefully and concisely. The singer was impressive, singing the entire song by himself. Best of all, it mentioned me many times. This one was probably my favorite as it really brought out a new perspective and new type of music out into the world. It was great; almost as great as me.
Thanks for reading my blog again, and if you’d like me to blog about something specific, be sure to email me.

-PALLAS ATHENA

1 comment:

  1. Alright you got me there. I don't have much to say except for sorry. Didn't you know that I like to make me feel good about myself? I usually say anything and do anything to make myself look good. It's a very bad habit. I’ve been working a little bit on getting better about it. Soon enough I won’t be as big of a jerk as I am now. I apologize. Like you said, on this journey i wouldn't have been able to make it alive without your strength and help. I didn't reward you any credit before but now I would like to give you credit. You are a great god; I wish you luck in the future. And also keep up the good work, I’m sure I will be needed some help soon.

    ReplyDelete